At METRO we say 'We make it count' because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have almost 400 employees, we operate our MAKRO Cash&Carry retail brands in 24 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 10 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which accounting always counts for something more.
What the Automation Team is?
Work hard, play hard! Process Automation Team is working on automation potential identification and solution delivery, using techniques ranging from RPA with Softomotive, an RPA tool by a startup founded in 2005 and recently acquired by Microsoft, through web-based applications in .Net Core, to SQL databases and VBA. They are creatively applying best practices from Agile methodology in SSC environment and looking forward to keep expanding into new technologies, as working in Process Automation means being part of a very dynamic and evolving reality, with many brilliant new opportunities in the future.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and maintain solutions for automation of processes for both internal and external clients in multiple technologies.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for developed solutions.
- Share knowledge and best practices with team members.
- Participate in every step of software development process e.g. code reviews.
- Pay attention to details while following development best practices.
Tools you will be using:
- MSSQL, PostgreSQL,
- Excel, Access,
- RPA solutions from Softmotive/UiPath,
- JIRA, Confluence,
- Visual Studio Code.
- work in a professional, friendly team in a stable, international corporation,
- attractive remuneration enriched with a bonus system,
- real development opportunities in the area of RPA / automation,
- high home-office ratio (90% of working time)
- extensive package of professional trainings (technical, soft skills and foreign languages),
- private medical care and group insurance for the employee and family members,
- cash benefits under the Social Fund (e.g. cultural and recreational activities, holiday benefits),
- team and company integration after hours,
- co-financed sports card,
- relocation package for candidates ready to move to Szczecin.
Things you need to know in practice:
- Object Oriented Programing paradigm - must have.
- Basic design patterns and how to benefit from them.
- SQL base syntax (selects, joins, conditions etc.).
- Web API concepts like REST.
- How modern Web Apps works.
- English on B2/C1 level - as we use it on everyday basis.
Things you need to have:
- Analytical skills.
- Willingness to develop practical skills in programming.
- Team cooperation skills and 'playing to one goal'.
- Sense of humor level expert.