Are you passionate about accounting? Do you want to be part of a professional and driven team? You could be a perfect fit for METRO Romania as Accounts Payable Accountant.
Join us and you will:
- Ensures relevant AP bookkeeping and checks, verification of records, reconciliation, adjustments, acounts balance, etc.
- Perform monthly closing activities according to the reporting calendar (RAS and IAS)
- Performing account reconciliations
- Prepares dedicated analyses, benchmarkings and reports related to organization financial performance, including ICF
- Maintains permanent contact with METRO partners in order to reconcile suppliers' balances
- Facilitates cost optimization through regular cost development analysis, benchmarking and business challanges
- Collaborate with other accountants and financial staff in the company to provide financial and accounting support to other stakeholders and department heads
To be successful in this role and to enjoy your morning coffee with great colleagues, you will need:
- Excellent organizing abilities, deadline oriented and attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to handle/check high-volume of data entry with high accuracy;
- Similar work experience in Accounts Payable
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices;
- Proficiency in using in Microsoft Office products;
- Proficiency in English;
- University degree (accounting, finance, business, or economics);
- Experience with SAP FI will be considered as an advantage.
What do you get in return?
- You'll be supported by a professional and driven team;
- You will find a friendly environment & great opportunities;
- Friday is a half work day (ends at around 14:30);
- Meal tickets for each working day, vacation allowance;
- Medical insurance.
METRO Romania is championing Independent Business. As the leading international player in wholesale trade and the largest sales line of METRO, we’re passionate about helping over 20 million customers with 20 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. We’re more than just a supplier; we are trusted relationship builders who understand and anticipate our customers’ needs. And we bring unique food expertise, outstanding global insights and decades of experience to make sure they have the best products, services and technologies to succeed.