We are looking for a professional with Controlling / Accounting background and financial analysis knowledge.
This role will be part of the Local Controlling department and partner for the International Controlling department team to support financial reporting and forecasting. The role is linked to Head of Controlling and CFO of the company.
Join us and you will:
• Manage & Support the P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow and notes reporting, ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of figures, analysis and comments.
• Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly estimations
• Own, manage and complete financial reporting requests from Finance organization (local or international);
• Evaluate, communicate, discuss and challenge financial impacts, proposed solutions, and alternatives. Prepare and present financial results for monthly performance reviews of the management of the company meetings;
• Must demonstrate analytical skills and ability to rapidly assimilate diverse data and drive decision making;
• Use the standard tools for reporting, assessment, evaluation and tracking of financial performance of company overall;
• Preparation of variance analysis and advice on business performance
• Analyze reports and performance data to provide assessments of trends, and to identify and explain variances from goals and prior periods, and to identify indicators of possible performance issues or changes in future business activities.
To be successful in this role and to enjoy your morning coffee with great colleagues, you will need:
• Ability to work independently and also function as a team player, in order to meet internal deadlines;
• Understanding of controlling tools and relevant information systems;
• Ability to work in a cross functional team;
• Analytical skills: absolute comfort with numbers and large volumes of data;
• Logical thinking ability, with problem-solving skills,
• Detail-oriented, hands-on, meticulous;
• Proactive and result oriented, in identifying issues and ownership to resolve them;
• Well organized, hard-working, commitment, team spirit;
• Good knowledge of IAS and ISRS standards;
• Bachelor`s degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in controlling area;
• Advanced computer skills and experience with Financial Systems (SAP, Data Warehouse, Excel – Visual Basic, PowerPoint, Access);
• English advanced.
METRO is championing Independent Business. As the leading international player in wholesale trade and the largest sales line of METRO, we’re passionate about helping over 20 million customers with 20 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. We’re more than just a supplier; we are trusted relationship builders who understand and anticipate our customers’ needs. And we bring unique food expertise, outstanding global insights and decades of experience to make sure they have the best products, services and technologies to succeed.